- 2002 – Primeros Pasos, a rural primary care clinic in the Palajunoj Valley of Quetzaltenango, Guatemala, is founded by US and Guatemalan medical students, including Brent Savoie.
- 2004 – Brent Savoie forms Proyecto Salud Integral (PSI). PSI is registered in the US as a non-profit organization to manage donations to Primeros Pasos. PSI raises funds to cover 90 percent of Primeros Pasos’ annual operating budget.
- 2007 – Proyecto Salud Integral is renamed the Inter-American Health Alliance (IAHA).
- 2008 – IAHA partners with CHILA, a rural health clinic in Chisec, Alta Verapaz, Guatemala.
- 2009 – IAHA hires its first Development Director to work with its projects on-site in Guatemala.
- 2010 – The IAHA Board of Directors is formed.
- 2012 – IAHA partners with Maní+ in Guatemala City, Guatemala.